Sunday, December 18, 2011

Forgive me Catia for I have sinned

It's never the modeler's fault is it? It's always the software's fault.

Oops. I'm an amateur. I have a lot to learn about Catia v5 surface engineering.

NURBS surfaces are powerful and accurate. They do what you tell them to do. If you make crap curves you get crap surfaces. I watched a terrible Class A surfacing tutorial, where the guy created a wheel well with some atrocious gaps, but I did learn something. NURBS single span surfaces are most controllable.

I think that I've accomplished what a novice can do with the Generative Shape Design workbench. I want to stay in Catia, and mostly stick with feature based modeling, but I think I'm going to start over and primarily work in the ICEM shape design workbench, so I can use the tools found there to try to create Class A surfaces. This has been a long road, so the journey continues.


No comments:

Post a Comment