Tuesday, October 9, 2012

ICEM SURF ii

Moving on to the next segment. I just repeated all the steps up to the creating of the patch from curves.


And after making the patch from curves, I noticed I was not able to create G2 continuity.  Highlight analysis reveals the flaws in the surface.


These are just the sort of surface flaws that I'm trying to avoid. So what next?

Here is what I'm thinking. I'm using "too advanced" features of Catia to create this surface? As an analogy, I'm using Windows 7 when what I really need is DOS?

How about I just create a point to point line?


And using the "control points" command make this a line of the order of 2.


And repeat and repeat


So now I've got four connected lines of an order of 2.

And my surface would look like this:


Then after making the vertical lines symmetrical, created a blended curve with G3 continuity.


Convert this to a NURBS line using the control points command


Repeat


Patch from curves


So far so good. Connect checker shows surface-to-surface connections as G3. Only disadvantage is not being able to use the uppermost guideline, we'll see what that means later I think.

 

On to the next segment

hmmm, nothing to show because that clearly doesn't work...still lots to learn

No comments:

Post a Comment