Tuesday, October 9, 2012

ICEM SURF

So continuing on an idea from last year! I'm starting again this time mainly using ICEM SURF. The idea is to use as few control points as possible to create as simple surfaces as possible.

Also picked up a neat screen capture tool: Snagit

I've just copied forward all the reference images and lines I already had


Also copied in the front wing design I've already got


Based on my reference pictures, lets say this part is perfectly straight


I'm also going to say that the side is fundamentally flat vertically, so I've created a verticle line here, and I'll build a surface based on this.


So here's the swept surface


Now I'm looking at creating the top profile and I can see that the reflection lines start to diverge from the top of the profile, so I'll make an adjustment


I'm making this adjustment by moving the highlighted point closer to the front.


Now I'll make another plane below the reflection guide line to cut the vertical plane with


Split the surfaces, the vertical surface that remains will be used as the G3 reference for the curved top of the nose.


Make that symmetrical across the zx plane


Top profile lines


Extract the geometry


Create the profiles


Patch from curves


Make symmetrical


Check on nose


So I can see this will require some adjustment


Ok, some minor adjustments on the height of the points and this looks good to me


So let's say that this part is done and move on to the next segment

No comments:

Post a Comment