Friday, November 18, 2011

Damper Piston rod and top eye

The Piston rod is going to be hella easy

1/2 inch (12.7mm) circle


Pad


Material


Save and put into assembly


Top eye shouldn't be too bad, based on my reference pictures, it's basically the same as the lower eye


Pad


Little circular pad on the bottom


Fillet


I'm going to "cheat" and just copy a sketch from the damper body to save some time


Groove


Switch to generative shape design workbench, unhide the sketch from the groove and make symmetrical


Pocket


Pocket to hold the spherical plain bearing 1"=25.4mm


Chamfer .5mm 45 degrees Fillet .5mm


It seems that there are a wide variety of top eyes for this damper, so I'm going to deviate heavily from the technical drawings again to represent what I most consistantly see in my reference photos

Changed the radius of the fillet to 6mm


Shorten it up a bit


Make a sketch for a shaft


Shaft and fillet


Apply material


I'm also going to put a hole in the bottom to help line it up with the piston rod


Save it and put it into the assembly


Add a bearing to the assembly

No comments:

Post a Comment